Last two weeks we gave some tips on your Online Fundraiser.
- Online Fundraising Tip 9: Ultimately… Be you. It’s not all about "Join us" "donate now" "Tell everyone!" There is a philosophy growing across the internet, the giant Google is down to earth and corny, they do a goofy april fool’s joke every year, they have subtle jokes all across their documentation and help, and not to mention the Google Doodle that appears everyonce in awhile that changes out the Google logo. People love creativity and fun posts.
- Online Fundraising Tip 10: Be professional. Being human is a great way to have supporters warm up to you. But, use common sense when it comes to posting on social media. You have a presence that people look to, so give them something to be proud of. Instruct the staff to do so as well, like no wild, and crazy party pictures, that type of thing. Obviously don’t be rude or crude.
Thank you for reading through these tips, I hope they are helpful for your Sacramento Fundraiser.
Read Part I & Part II
For Non-profit organization fundraisers, the current state of affairs is bleak, but many have utilized the power of the internet for Online Fundraising. We present to you our second round of tips on how to use social media for your Sacramento fundraiser.
- Online Fundraising Tip 5: Keep everyday, events, and online fundraising campaign interactions separate. Have the employees answer inquiries and provide or direct to useful information, always have them be courteous and genuine. But, when in campaign mode, it’s best to have everyone provide consistent and structured information and answers.
- Online Fundraising Tip 6: Stay organized. Providing information is great! Providing the same information over and over…. that’s not so great. So mix it up, a suggestion is to have themes for days of the week; whether it’s sending texts, asking for donations, providing a story (sad or inspiring), etc. Keep it on schedule.
- Online Fundraising Tip 7: Stay on top of things! This can’t be stressed enough, staying on top of things and being consistent, without large gaps of downtime lets people know that you’re there and you’re proactive about what you do. People can grow to depend on you to provide information, graphics, or trivia.
- Online Fundraising Tip 8: Set up a FAQ. You’ll get lots of questions, figure out between 20-50 of the most common questions. Prep yourself, your staff, and your supporters on the best answers to these.
These tips should help you out for this week. We’ll have more next week, so stay tuned
View Part I
Even in a upside-down economy, there is still hope for you Sacramento Fundraisers out there. Free resources exist online for you to spread the word about what you’re doing and gain supporters. Many have found social media to be the prime tool for Online Fundraising. Facebook, Twitter, and other Social Networks.
Even with these tools, you may find that people want to help but don’t feel they can. Which brings us to Online fundraising tip number 1.
- Online Fundraising Tip 1: Petition for donations around the 1st and 15th of the month. (This is something that is true with most Sacramento Fundraising ideas. Around pay day, people feel more generous. )
- Online Fundraising Tip 2: Find the trends online. (Find certain trends with google or youtube and blog sites like Tumblr. Everybody love Animals!) The goal is to get people now only to "Like" it but to "Share" it. This is a quick way of the old word of mouth.
- Online Fundraising Tip 3: Have some of the staff be engaged on Social Media. Train them on how to interact with others on it. The more they know about it, the more they feel encouraged to write more. Have each of them set up their own accounts so they can bring more supporters in through their own personality.
- Online Fundraising Tip 4: Nobody appreciates beggars. That is, let your supports decide if they want to "re-blog", "re-tweet", or "Like" something. Don’t ask them to do this, you wouldn’t ask them if it were any other type of communication..
That’s it for this week, stay tuned next week for another part of Online Fundraising tips.