To some it’s a very scary world out there, especially to concerned parents. When a school asks children to step in to do field trip fundraising, sports team fundraising, and other Reno school fundraising, it can be nerve racking to set the kids out to sell something to strangers.
Below are a few Reno fundraising ideas to keep your children safe.
- For Reno School Fundraisers, notify the school admin office so they are aware. They may also offer some advice, safety tips, or some Reno fundraiser ideas
- Door-to-door sales is outdated and an unsafe practice. Though it seems like a good idea to get kids out there to make sales, it’s dangerous to do this in todays world. Instead, as parents, be involved, make phone calls, emails, or use social networking. Also, only contact friends, family, and people you know are safe.
- Be involved, use any fundraising ideas as a learning tool to teach safety and etiquette, as well as how to present themselves. It’s My Community Store makes it easy to do Online Fundraising, but the Internet makes it easy for you kids to get in trouble, so always be with your child to take the wheel and lead a safe trip.
- Be the banker! Several times in fundraising history, children have gotten in trouble by money getting lost. Sometimes no one is to blame, other times kids don’t know better. It’s My Community Store takes care of money handling and distribution, so with us this isn’t really a concern. But, it is advice for any kind of fundraising idea.
- Communication is key. Stay in touch with people, let them know what’s going on. Make it clear how the fundraiser works, what it’s for, etc. Don’t rely on kids to give a message to anyone, they forget, get the message wrong, or don’t understand themselves what they are saying. Phone calls, emails, bulletins, flyers, announcements (Online is best) all can help the terms of safety.
It’s My Community Store encourages the safety of children when fundraising, but also for them to have fun!